Connecting VMware to Teradata Studio

Database
Enthusiast

Re: Connecting VMware to Teradata Studio

Thanks dnoeth,

Have a look at my snapshot as i have an error running the create User statement.

I'm connected using the dbc schema to run this statement.

I then tried to add the new connection properties and got an 'unknown user, password error.

Where am I going wrong?

Btw, changed between the 20+e9 and the 2000000000 to see if it was an error, but neither will work.

Thanks Peter

error.PNG 

Junior Contributor

The parser complains about the password, which must follow the rules for object names (a-z,0-9,_,#,$) by default. If you want a password with other characters you must double quote it: "********"

But I assume you run that command before and as it contains a password it was automatically masked in the history and you must key it in again to run it a 2nd time).

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I think I need to get past the Create User step first.

I'm loggged in as dbc/dbc using the inet address I found using the ifconfig cmd prompt.

While logged in as dbc, I ran the query that you gave me "Create User oscar ..."

I get an error about "The request to assign permanent space is invalid".

Also, when you say Logout, do you mean restart? 

I can't find a logout option.

Thanks P  

Teradata Employee

20GB may be larger than the remaining PermSpace. Try a smaller allocation.

"Logout" is labeled "Disconnect" in Teradata Studio client. (Right-click the connection in Data Source Explorer.) Or just close / re-open Studio.

If you decide that you want to run Teradata Studio on the host desktop instead of within the VM, review other posts in the Tools forum and start a new thread there if necessary. In particular, you may want to use 16.20.08 (which requires Java 8) instead of 16.20.09 (which requires Java 10).