LEAD & LAG Functions in nPath in TD 16.20

Database
Highlighted
Enthusiast

LEAD & LAG Functions in nPath in TD 16.20

Hi,

One question for those who are into analytic functions on TD 16.20. As per Aster Analytics Foundation User Guide 0621 analytics functions userguide:

LAG Expressions in Symbol Predicates
When a symbol predicate contains a LAG expression, the function compares the current row
to a previous row to determine whether to return the current row. You must know the number
of rows to look ahead or back. If you cannot determine this number (because the pattern
includes symbols that can match a variable number of rows, for example), then use the Filter
argument.

As I already tested on the Teradata Express VM, the LEAD & LAG functions exist as standard functions inside Teradata 16.20. BUT, the LEAD & LAG options do not exist INSIDE the nPath function (or I am missing something when I write the syntax). Teradata Studio flags as incorrect a query that contains the LAG option in the SYMBOLS part of the function. Has anybody tested this option of LAG/LEAD inside the NPath function in Teradata DAtabase?

Thanks

Radu

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: LEAD & LAG Functions in nPath in TD 16.20

Hi Radu,

although npath is now available in Teradata, its functionality is not the same as in Aster e.g. LEAD/LAG option is missing. Not all features and options are available in current TD16.20 version but additional npath features are going to be added in the future.

To check for current features and further details, please review "Teradata Analytic Functions" user guide. You can download here:

www.info.teradata.com

Regards,

Margarete

Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, I am still puzzled because in the analytics guide it says the current analytic functions that are implemenetd are nPath and Sessionize while the Teradata AppCenter (which frankly I don't know how to launch from inside Teradata Express VM..:(..) documnetation it is also mentioned CFilter as visualization (and from my Aster experience CFilter is an analytics function).

The AppCenter documentation is at https://appcenter.docs.teradata.com/rfn1503607855010.html

Do you know BTW how can one launch the AppCenter in the Teradata Express VM?

Thank you

Radu

Teradata Employee

Appcenter is a dedicated server and cannot be launched in TD Express VM. You need to setup Appcenter separately and then connect it to Teradata for running reports or visualizations.

Enthusiast

Thanks again, from what installation package is the AppCenter part of? TD Viewpoint? Separate package?

Teradata Employee

Appcenter is a separate package.