OSError: Unsatisfied data symbol when I try to connect to Teradata using Teradata python module

Database
Fan

OSError: Unsatisfied data symbol when I try to connect to Teradata using Teradata python module

Hello!

I have installed python 2.7 and teradata python module 15.10.0.21 on hp-ux 11.31 .

When I try to run test app, i get the following error:

"OSError Unsatisfied data symbol '_ZTVN10_cxxabiv120_si_class_type_infoE' in load module '/usr/lib/hpux32/libodbc.so' 

I work with teradata on this system using bteq fine and I work with teradata on my Win32 system using teradata python module .

How can I fix this problem ?

5 REPLIES
Senior Supporter

Re: OSError: Unsatisfied data symbol when I try to connect to Teradata using Teradata python module

I  guess you installed teradata odbc on the hp machine.

Did you configure the odbc.ini?

Might be worth to read

http://community.teradata.com/t5/Connectivity/ODBC-INI/td-p/34623

Fan

Re: OSError: Unsatisfied data symbol when I try to connect to Teradata using Teradata python module

Yes, odbc.ini has been configurated. 

I can work with Teradata on this system using bteq without problems.

But I want to use python , there are much more capabilities in python then in bash.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

That error appears to be an issue with a dependency on libstdc++ (e.g. particular version needed is not installed)

Did you install the Teradata ODBC driver, along with its tdicu and TeraGSS components? Were those packages installed separately or did you use the TTU base package installer?

Senior Supporter

As Fred stated it is likely to be related to an odbc installation issue.

Also BTEQ is using CLI for the TD connection. So a working BTEQ installation is "just" indicating that BTEQ is correctly installed and you can reach TD via your network.

Junior Apprentice

And just to narrow this down even more.

If BTEQ 'works' then that also means that TDGSS and TDICU are installed and working correctly. This is probably specific to ODBC itself.

HTH

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com