SQL security setting

Database
Enthusiast

SQL security setting

Hi, Everyone I have a problem of the create procedure privilege. Creator: User1; Statements: Replace View V as Select * From T; Privilege User1 Held: create view, drop view, proceduer privileges; Privilege User2 Held: Execute Procedure; Problem: Firstly, Procedure created by User1, executed by User1 but with error :no select privilege Still Error after adding select privilege of Table to User1 Solved : Adding SQL security Creator to proceduer the problem is solved. The default security is definer. What's the difference between definer , owner, creator? Isn't user1 the creator ? Is user2 the owner ? Could any one explain the problem for me ? Thank you for your help.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: SQL security setting

I Do not know why there is no line breaker....... I have a problem of the create procedure privilege. Creator: User1; Statements: Replace View V as Select * From T; Privilege User1 Held: create view, drop view, proceduer privileges; Privilege User2 Held: Execute Procedure; Problem: Firstly, Procedure created by User1, executed by User1 but with error :no select privilege. Still Error after adding select privilege of Table to User1 . Solved : Adding SQL security Creator to proceduer the problem is solved. The default security is definer. What's the difference between definer , owner, creator? Isn't user1 the creator ? Is user2 the owner ? Could any one explain the problem for me ? Thank you for your help.
Teradata Employee

Re: SQL security setting

Check here for the different security types that apply to stored  procs:

https://docs.teradata.com/reader/I5Vi6UNnylkj3PsoHlLHVQ/GkKgqR6FzeEbqIETqo3_sA

regards,
Paul

Tags (1)