SYSLIB.ExtractRoles

Database
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: SYSLIB.ExtractRoles

I didn't mean to imply anything about TDCH or the Hortonworks connector. That's a different discussion.

Specifically, you won't be able to use sqoop list-tables with the native sqoop Teradata connector, unless you apply a patch, workaround, or upgrade on the database side.

Enthusiast

I'm running 16.20.22.01 (with a d2d) and I'm still throwing a 7504 on EXTUSER querying TablesVX. This is an issue for us as Tableau queries it for meta. I'm not certain if Tableau can be toggled to go to V instead of VX. 

Editted to add: The existence of this bug on my system may be related to the D2D. That D2D addresses a bug with Extuser causing intermittent snapshots. So... grain of salt. 

Teradata Employee

Yes, that could be the cause. I don't think Tableau allows you to choose between "X views" and non-X, so if you need to support use of X views for metadata the only workaround would be to modify the DBC view definitions (e.g. supporting views dbc.View_UserDBsExtVX and dbc.View_UserTablesExtVX) until the EXTUSER problem has been fixed.