Spool treatment for DISTINCT versus GROUP BY

Database
Enthusiast

Re: Spool treatment for DISTINCT versus GROUP BY

While browsing Teradata Magazine site ... i came across the following page covering 2009 Teradata R&D Excellence Award's receipt and their contribution. Check out for Ranjan Priyadarshi who has been awarded for 'GROUP BY AND DISTINCT PLANNING ENHANCEMENTS'
The article suggests that the enhancement has addressed the discrepancy between GROUP BY and DISTINCT.
An unanswered piece is the Teradata version which has not been mentioned Along with the internal process of the said enhancement.

http://www.teradatamagazine.com/v09n02/Tech2Tech/2009-Teradata-R-D-Excellence-Awards/
Enthusiast

Nice findings Karam. It could've been introduced in Teradata 13 as the awards were held in 2009. Maybe the engineer himself could shed some light on the topic.
Enthusiast

You might find it mentioned in the Release Summary for Teradata 13. The item "Group By and Distinct Performance Equivalence" is probaby the enhancement you have in mind.
Not applicable

hi friends,i have installed w7 on my pc,i am getting an error while connecting to TD message 0:wsa hostnotreach :currently you can not being connected over this network,can u help me, i have checked pdestate on command prompt it shows pde state is down/stopped but it is running what is the problem?