Volatile table is getting dropped without a session disconnection.

Database
K_Y
Enthusiast

Volatile table is getting dropped without a session disconnection.

Hi 

I am running a volatile create statement in SQLA, with option  on commit preserve rows; but still as soon as it gets created it is getting dropped, I am selecting from the tables as soon as it's getting created but it says table does not exist , though if i run both create and select statement in sequesnce at one shot then it runs fine.

I was running same query till yesterday and it used to last for 2-3 hours till the session was availbale, have check all the option in SQL assistance  but could not find anything.

Please let me know what can be the possible cause.

Thanks

Kavita

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Senior Supporter

Re: Volatile table is getting dropped without a session disconnection.

Do you run the two statements from the same tab?

If not you might have submitted the select from a new session.

You can also validate this by checking the related DBQL info for the two statements.

Ulrich

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Sessions are not tied to tabs. SQL Assistant generally maintains one session per query window. If this first session is already in use when you submit a query from another tab in the same window, then SQLA will temporarily connect an additional session - but will close that session as soon as the request finishes.

Senior Supporter

I guess the point was to revalidate that the select was using the same session as the create volatile table...

K_Y
Enthusiast

Hi Ulrich

I ran both the query together only, in same query window and in same tab, I told you i was querying same steps from last 3-4 days and never faced such issue, I did not change anything whatever I was running from last 3-4 days, same thing threw the error.

Thanks

Kavita

Senior Supporter

Hi Kavita,

did you check that both statements run with the same session? You need to query the historic DBQL infos to validate this.

If both run on the same session: extgract the DBQL info for this session and open an incident at TD.

Ulrich

Junior Contributor

Also check Tools -> Options -> Disconnect from database when a query ends