odbc connection information via fastload

Database
The Teradata Database channel includes discussions around advanced Teradata features such as high-performance parallel database technology, the optimizer, mixed workload management solutions, and other related technologies.
Enthusiast

odbc connection information via fastload

i am using fastload to load approx 3 million records from a text file into a database. I have to hardcode the script in fastload file which is inefficient. I want to know if there is a way to fetch information of database connection via ODBC connection in fastload file ?

.LOGMECH LDAP;
.LOGON DBname/UserId,pasword;

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: odbc connection information via fastload

was able to find a solution via tdwallet. Teradata wallet encrypts the information and stores in the database which one can easily fetch in the fastload file.

https://downloads.teradata.com/tools/articles/introducing-teradata-wallet

step1:

open tdwallet

add variableNameforConnection

-- it will prompt for value. Add connectionName

add variableNameforPassword

-- add your password for database

Step 2:

in fastload file call the variablename

.LOGON DBname/$tdwallet(variableNameforConnection), $tdwallet(variableNameforPassword)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

was able to find a solution via tdwallet. Teradata wallet encrypts the information and stores in the database which one can easily fetch in the fastload file.

https://downloads.teradata.com/tools/articles/introducing-teradata-wallet

step1:

open tdwallet

add variableNameforConnection

-- it will prompt for value. Add connectionName

add variableNameforPassword

-- add your password for database

Step 2:

in fastload file call the variablename

.LOGON DBname/$tdwallet(variableNameforConnection), $tdwallet(variableNameforPassword)

Teradata Employee

Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT) would allow you to put values for "job variables" in a text file or pass them on the command line, in addition to supporting TD Wallet.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thanks @Fred. yes it worked with tdwallet