Downloads
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.10 for Windows 32-bit

10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast

Re: SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.10 for Windows 32-bit

hi,

I am testing SQLA-JE chinese data support. I have known that when chinese data column is unicode, this tool can retrieve unicode data with charset=UTF8.
But in china most teradata customers save chinese-data into LATIN column via ASCII session, and I have known that if we set connectionURL with CLIENT_CHARSET=cp936 we can access chinese-data column.
But I can not see normal chinese-data when I set connectionURL with addition property CLIENT_CHARSET, like this "jdbc:teradata://host/CLIENT_CHARSET=cp936".

How can I asccess chinese data(save in LATIN column) with SQLA JE?

Any suggestion?
Teradata Employee

The following is from the Teradata JDBC documentation, "Although the CLIENT_CHARSET connection parameter can be used to override the Teradata JDBC Driver fixed mapping of Teradata session character sets to Java character sets, the CLIENT_CHARSET connection parameter is not intended for use in new Teradata deployments. It is a legacy support feature intended to assist transition away from the unsupported use of the Teradata Database in terms of storing non-Latin characters in a Latin column, and the subsequent unsupported access of those non-ASCII characters using an ASCII session character set."

If you are using SQLA JE, you will need to choose one of the supported CHARSET types.
Enthusiast

Thanks,

I have read the documentation about CLIENT_CHARSET.
Which CHARSET type will be used for chinese-data save in LATIN ?
I have used "Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse Version: 13.02.0.201005041605", and I can normaly view chinese-data with CLIENT_CHASET=cp936.
I have checked SQLA JE, "Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse Version 13.10" is installed into SQLA JE. I can not found CLIENT_CHARSET option in list of "JDBC Property", Could you tell me how to set CLIENT_CHARSET option in SQL JE?
Teradata Employee

Bill,
Currently, SQLA JE and the Teradata Plug-in provides the list of JDBC properties for the user to choose from. CLIENT_CHARSET is not listed in the JDBC User's Guide, thus it is not in our list. But I realize that it is supported for previous applications. I have added the request for an improvement, to allow the user to enter properties manually, to our list of features we are working on for next release.

Hi,
I still can not change a 4bit DBS_PORT to a 5bit DBS_PORT. How can I set DBS_PORT?
Teradata Employee

It is currently limited to 4. We will resolve this in the next release.
Not applicable

Is it open source or we have to purchase to use in my company?

It is great to have a iOS native SQLA available that saves a trip to VM. However, there are serious performance challenges when using the tool, even after disabling autocorrect, etc.
Any ideas?
Another bug seems to be when canceling after the row limit has been reached. Get an error, and no rows will make it in the results section. (selecting continue does work however;-)

We installed the 32-bit and 64-bit version on 2 MacBook Pro. Same issues.
Teradata Employee

@fgastner, What kind of performance problems are you having? Creating SQL or running SQL or other area?
What error are you getting on the canceled query?