SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.10 for Windows 64-bit

Downloads
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.10 for Windows 64-bit

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.10 for Windows 64-bit

Thanks for this update. The Java edition is really coming together.
Enthusiast

I will stop thanking you soon, but I also like how the app gracefully stops returning rows at row limit setting. Previously SQLJE would just keep retuning rows until it froze, even if cancel was selected.

I’m a little confused how ‘sql results’ and ‘teradata sql history’ are related. I liked how a group execution of sql statements were displayed in ‘sql results’ in the older version, but ‘teradata sql history’ does not give a nice drop down view of group execution. It doesn’t seem like ‘sql results’ are updated any longer.

Can we select out of the ‘result set’ and copy/paste directly into excel yet?

I'm very happy with this update. And thank you for develpoing this based on Eclipse. I'm hoping the Teradata community starts developing some interesting plug-ins.
Teradata Employee

The SQL Results view is not longer used and instead SQL result data is displayed in the Result Set tabs of the Teradata View. When a group execution is run, the result sets are displayed as a group of Result Sets in the Teradata View. Result set data can be copied and pasted directly into Excel. But you will want to change the Copy Delimiter (in the Teradata Result Set Preferences) to tab separated first. Then select the cells from the result set data, right click and choose copy. There is a toolbar menu option for the Teradata Result Set Preferences, or you can access the page via the Window>Preferences option.