The Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse is based on the Eclipse plug-in framework and Data Tools Platform (DTP). Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse enables Eclipse DTP to operate with the Teradata Database and value-added features.
The Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse Release Definition is located at: http://www.info.teradata.com/eDownload.cfm?itemid=091280002
To install the Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse via the Eclipse Update Site process, bring up Eclipse and run the Software Updates process. Enter the Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse URL ( http://www.teradata.com/datatools/update ) as the Remote Site URL.
To install from a local Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse Update Site, download the Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse Update Site zip.
File Name: idetools__windows_i386.13.00.00.00.zip
File Size: 10,345 kb
Product Version: 13.00.00.00
Operating System Support:
* Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Server and Advanced Server, with sp4, running on Intel x86
* Microsoft Windows XP Professional, with sp2, running on Intel x86
* Microsoft Windows XP Professional, with sp2, running on Intel Xeon with EM64T (32-bit)
* Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and Standard Editions, with sp2, running on Intel x86 (32-bit)
* Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and Standard Editions, with sp2, running on Intel Itanium (32-bit)
* Microsoft Windows Vista, running on Intel x86 (32-bit)
Required Eclipse Downloads:
* Eclipse 3.4.x
* DTP 1.6.x
Teradata JDBC Driver for Teradata 13.0 or greater
Teradata Release Support: V2R6.0.x, V2R6.1.x, V2R6.2.x, R12.0, R13.0
Release Date: 5/12/2009 12:00:00 PM
Refer to the Release Definition for further directions on installing required Eclipse components.
How to install this package as a local update site:
1. Run the self-extracting executable.
2. Extract the files to a folder.
3. Go to the installation area where you installed Eclipse and double click on the eclipse.exe file to start Eclipse.
Eclipse will prompt for a workspace location.
4. Click the location where Eclipse should store its data files. To keep from seeing this prompt each time,
check the box to automatically use the designated workspace.
Note: A Help menu will appear. To cancel the help menu, click the "X' at the top left hand corner of the menu.
5. To install Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse, go to the Help menu and click 'Software Updates...'.
6. Choose the 'Available Software' tab.
7. Click the 'Add Site...' button.
8. Click the 'Local...' button and in the Browse For Folder window,
locate the directory where idetools__windows_i386.13.00.00.00.zip was unzipped.
A Name and URL displays that reflects the location. Click OK to continue with the installation.
9. The Teradata Update Site is included in the list of sites. Make sure the box is checked, then click the Install button.
10. The Feature License Agreement appears. Check "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and click Next.
A list of features appears with the feature version, size, and Eclipse install location.
Verify that the information is correct and click Finish to continue the installation.
11. The Feature Verification screen appears. Click the Install All button. Click Yes to restarting Eclipse message.
Running the Eclipse Data Source Explorer:
12. Go to the Window menu and click Show View>Other.
13. Open the Connectivity folder and click Data Source Explorer then click OK to
launch the DSE in the bottom portion of the Eclipse screen.
14. Move the DSE over to the left hand area of the screen for more room. This can be done by
clicking and then dragging the Data Source Explorer folder over to the Package Explorer
area and letting go.