Error launching tbuildexe: No such file or directory (2)

General
Enthusiast

Error launching tbuildexe: No such file or directory (2)

I have an issue whereby the below line of code executes perfectly via the putty command line but produces the following error when executed via crontab;

I've been around the houses looking for a solution to this, is it TWB_ROOT, PATH, some other enviroment var, I don't know!

I'm using "Teradata Parallel Transporter Version 15.10.00.04 64-Bit"

on "Linux <SERVER> 2.6.32-573.22.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 17 03:23:39 EDT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux" 

The below code works perfectly via command line but fails with "Error launching tbuildexe: No such file or directory (2)" when executed via crontab.

/opt/teradata/client/15.10/bin/tbuild -f /PnI/stable/PAC_REQUESTS/tpt/CREATED_PAC_REQUESTS.tpt -v /home/joxley/.td_user_data -u "DataFile = '/PnI/stable/PAC_REQUESTS/data/FINMIS_DAILY_CREATED_PAC_201704_20170523090502.dat', DirectoryPath = '/PnI/stable/PAC_REQUESTS/data'"

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Error launching tbuildexe: No such file or directory (2)

Specifically, this error is because /opt/teradata/client/15.10/bin/ is not in the PATH when started from cron.

/opt/teradata/client/15.10/bin/tbuild is trying to launch tbuildexe (found in that same directory).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

This is a common issue for people not familiar with cron. The shell spawned by cron does not automatically execute the user's profile script(s), the way a normal login does.

Do a Google search for cron profile and you will find a number of ways to address the situation.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thanks, I've tried a load of combinations of things to resolve this with no luck.

Is there any way of finding what file or directory the error is refering to?

All my code has full file paths defined so does that mean there's an issue with the TPT install?

Enthusiast

Also, I've seen in other posts that the contents of $PATH have been asked for.

Which TPT related paths should be in $PATH please?

Teradata Employee

Specifically, this error is because /opt/teradata/client/15.10/bin/ is not in the PATH when started from cron.

/opt/teradata/client/15.10/bin/tbuild is trying to launch tbuildexe (found in that same directory).

Enthusiast

Thank you! I added PATH=..... to the start of my scripts :-)