Introducing the Teradata Developer Exchange

General
General covers Articles, Reference documentation, FAQs, Downloads and Blogs that do not belong to a specific subject area. General-purpose Articles about everything and anything

Re: Introducing the Teradata Developer Exchange

This website really looks awesome
Enthusiast

too much graphic has been built on home page; very unattractive sight; diificult to find information; it ook a long time to find the tiny register button on right hand corner.
Not applicable

Hey, great site.

You might consider not using 'DevX', though. The name's already been taken by a popular dev site (http://www.devx.com/).

I look forward to seeing lots of good content!

Rick
Not applicable

Our Development and User Community have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Let's hope that this turns into the rich repository of information that we all know it could be!

Regards - Randy
Teradata Employee

@Randy-V: thanks for the kudos. We hope that this becomes a strong community-driven site, so we've got a bunch of features coming to help build that community (including forums). And there's so much knowledge in the brains of the Teradata community, if we can only make a fraction of that accessible on DevX, I think it'll be a huge win for our users.
Teradata Employee

@RickJWagner: technically the site is named "Teradata Developer Exchange", but I don't know how we're going to stop people abbreviating it to DevX...
Teradata Employee

@ketfos: the home page is indeed quite graphics intensive. Note that you can collapse the carousel at the top, which should make the page cleaner. Currently the expand/collapse state is not saved when you navigate, but we'll fix that shortly. Point taken on the register link being too small. And when you say "difficult to find information", can you be a little more specific?
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Very cool guys. Now for that Viewpoint portlet hub =) I like where this is heading.
Enthusiast

@Klaus It's coming! Watch this Space as they say. Have you built a portlet to share yet? ;)
Enthusiast

The portlet is getting there... At the moment I'm having fun with the LDAP integration. Looking forward to hearing what you have come up with at Patners.