Teradata PT 15.10

General
Highlighted
STK
Fan

Teradata PT 15.10

Hello Team

AM very new to teradata and trying to work on a TPT script. The script is being used for loading data from flat file to a staging table. Now we do get data sometimes which causes a datatype length overflow, the load terminates immediately on encountering such issues. Am looking for ways to contnue the loading process when the number of error records is lessser than  a pre -defined number(say 5 records). is there an option with TPT to achieve this?

I see there is an option of rowErrorFileName, which would push all the error records into a error file and continue the loads. But the requirement is to have an upper threshhold of say 5 records(pre defined) and if the number of error records> 5 then the TPT load should terminate. please suggest. appreciate the help.

3 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Teradata PT 15.10

Hi,

If you are using the LOAD operator then you probably want the ErrorLimit parameter.

I couldn't see the "rowErrorFileName" parameter for the LOAD operator, not sure where that comes from. For the LOAD operator you have ErrorTable1/2 parameters.

HTH

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
STK
Fan

Thanks Dave. So as i understand, i could use the Error Limit option to set a threshold. If the bad records are lesser than the assigned threshold, then the loads still continue and the bad records are loaded to the error table.If the no. of error records> threshold then the loads are terminated.

In case of bad records lesser than the threshold , is  there a way to push those records to a badfile than having to access the error tables to identify the bad records? appreciate the help. 

Senior Apprentice

Hi,

Yes, your understanding is correct. No, the bad records can only be written to a table - it is the dbms code that detects the problem and that code doesn't send the rows back out to a file on your client/etl server. It only puts them into a table.

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com