Query grid connectivity

QueryGrid
Enthusiast

Query grid connectivity

Hi,

Could anyone explain the below scenario's elaborately. 

1. Querygrid connectivity between data stored in a data lake(Azure data lake(ADL)) and Teradata on premise /Teradata on cloud 

2. Querygrid connectivity between data stored in a cloud datawarehouse database(Snowflake,and Azure SQL DW) and Teradata on premise/Teradata on cloud

3. Querygrid connectivity between Teradata on premise and Teradata on cloud

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raghu

9 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Query grid connectivity

Hi Raghu, the way that QueryGrid works is really not different for the systems it connects (from a QueryGrid standpoint).  

1. At this time ADL is not listed in the compatibility matrix

2. Snowfake and Azure SQL DW are also not listed in the compatibility matrix.

3.  Can you explain what exactly you are looking for?  The way QueryGrid works is rathter agnostic to the system type and network.  It does have network connectivity requirements, but as long as those are met it does not really matter.   Are you looking for how such a system is typically configured?

Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply Isaac. I need to understand, if the above connections are to be made, how can it be configured and is it possible to make such connectivities.
Teradata Employee

Here is a guide for setting up the network config for QG 1.0  The process for QG 2.0 would be very similar.  If you encounter specific issues, feel free to ask.

https://docs.teradata.com/reader/QECzm_OCp1icOOgafwZiMg/eZJSMEJDRyAMUazODeeIvA

Enthusiast

Thanks isaac. You said, ADL, Snowfake ,Azure SQL DW are not listed in the compatability matrix. I cannot open the compatability matrix link. Does that mean that ADL, snowflake and azure sql dw cannot be connected to teradata on premise/teradata on cloud. 

Just I need to confirm if the connection between the teradata and the respective cloud database in each above mentioned cases are possible?

Thanks in advance.

Teradata Employee

Ok maybe I can't link directly, https://teradata.sharepoint.com/teams/Engineering/hadoop/Enterprise%20Access%20Matrix/Forms/AllItems... then open the QueryGrid 2.0 compatibility matrix 

Enthusiast

Many thanks Isaac. Could you also please confirm if the connection between the teradata and the respective cloud database in each above mentioned cases are possible? Still i have a small confusion on that.

Regards,

Raghu

Teradata Employee

If a DB or DW is not listed then it is not officially supported. As such I would not recommend a customer to use that combination of products.  While it does not mean that it is impossible to get QueryGrid to work with that product, even if you could get it to work, there would be no TD support for it.

Also if you have customers asking for QueryGrid support for a currently unsupported product, you can always request support be added in the future. The better the business need the more likely it will be considered.

Enthusiast

Got it Isaac. Thanks for replying quickly. Still couldn't able to open the compatability matix link as it is asking for a signin to sharepoint which I don't have. Any other way ?

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Oh I see.  This KCS has links that should be open to everyone.  http://knowledge.teradata.com/KCS/id/KCS001621