Could anyone explain the below scenario's elaborately.
1. Querygrid connectivity between data stored in a data lake(Azure data lake(ADL)) and Teradata on premise /Teradata on cloud
2. Querygrid connectivity between data stored in a cloud datawarehouse database(Snowflake,and Azure SQL DW) and Teradata on premise/Teradata on cloud
3. Querygrid connectivity between Teradata on premise and Teradata on cloud
Thanks in advance.
Hi Raghu, the way that QueryGrid works is really not different for the systems it connects (from a QueryGrid standpoint).
1. At this time ADL is not listed in the compatibility matrix
2. Snowfake and Azure SQL DW are also not listed in the compatibility matrix.
3. Can you explain what exactly you are looking for? The way QueryGrid works is rathter agnostic to the system type and network. It does have network connectivity requirements, but as long as those are met it does not really matter. Are you looking for how such a system is typically configured?
Here is a guide for setting up the network config for QG 1.0 The process for QG 2.0 would be very similar. If you encounter specific issues, feel free to ask.
Thanks isaac. You said, ADL, Snowfake ,Azure SQL DW are not listed in the compatability matrix. I cannot open the compatability matrix link. Does that mean that ADL, snowflake and azure sql dw cannot be connected to teradata on premise/teradata on cloud.
Just I need to confirm if the connection between the teradata and the respective cloud database in each above mentioned cases are possible?
Thanks in advance.
Ok maybe I can't link directly, https://teradata.sharepoint.com/teams/Engineering/hadoop/Enterprise%20Access%20Matrix/Forms/AllItems... then open the QueryGrid 2.0 compatibility matrix
Many thanks Isaac. Could you also please confirm if the connection between the teradata and the respective cloud database in each above mentioned cases are possible? Still i have a small confusion on that.
If a DB or DW is not listed then it is not officially supported. As such I would not recommend a customer to use that combination of products. While it does not mean that it is impossible to get QueryGrid to work with that product, even if you could get it to work, there would be no TD support for it.
Also if you have customers asking for QueryGrid support for a currently unsupported product, you can always request support be added in the future. The better the business need the more likely it will be considered.
Got it Isaac. Thanks for replying quickly. Still couldn't able to open the compatability matix link as it is asking for a signin to sharepoint which I don't have. Any other way ?