In-database analytics with TeradataR

Teradata Applications
Fan

Re: In-database analytics with TeradataR

I wonder if anything has been updated since nov 2010. I really hope the data pipe between R and Teradata has moved beyond ODBC to something similar to SAS<->Teradata
Teradata Employee

Nov 2010 was release 1.0. There were several additions added in 1.0.1 which was released near the end of 2011. The ability to create your own variables in your td.data.frame, the subset command, and td.tapply are a few examples of new things added. The data transfer between R and Teradata still uses ODBC so that has not changed in version 1.0.1.
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

@murgai something else you can use now is a JDBC connection. The data transfer into R is significantly faster with JDBC.
Not applicable

Where are things heading with TeradataR and load/extract functinoality from/to R? I would love to have a fast interface to dump data.frames from R into Teradata. ODBC works pretty well when it comes to pulling data, but super slow on insert/create.

Thanks!
Mike
Enthusiast

Are there any Orange Books around using R with Teradata? Not real familar with R so looking for some good start-up time usage
Teradata Employee

Any planned updates to this package?

Senior Supporter

R 3.0.0 would require a new version. Are there any plance to recompile it?

Not applicable

second that comment above about a new version for users of R3.x

Teradata Employee

We are no longer supporting teradataR since the decision was made for Teradata to focus on our partnership with Revolution for R integration with Teradata.  However, Alexander Bessonov has updated the teradataR package to work with R 3.0 and placed it on Github at https://github.com/Teradata/teradataR.

Teradata Employee

For connecting to Teradata through R on a Linux machine, check also the follwoing article if it might be of any help:

http://forums.teradata.com/forum/analytics/connecting-to-teradata-in-r-via-the-teradatar-package-ter...