Unistall all teradata versions uninstall_TTU.vbs SCCM error line 2177

Teradata Applications
Fan

Unistall all teradata versions uninstall_TTU.vbs SCCM error line 2177

Hi I am trying to uninstall Teradata via sccm using the uninstall_TTU.vbs script but i am getting an error while running it as system in the line 2177 y have tested on w10 vms and w7 and both are having the same issue.

Our users does not have administrative privileges and we can’t use another account for the deployment, so what I can do to uninstall all the Teradata versionsI have tryied using cscritpt.exe and wscript.exe to run the vbs but both have the same error

error.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Teradata Employee

Re: Unistall all teradata versions uninstall_TTU.vbs SCCM error line 2177

Are you using the latest version of uninstall_TTU.vbs?

When running as "system", the USERNAME environment variable is usually not set. There is some logic in the script since 14.10 or so that tries to allow for this, but you could also try setting USERNAME to Default prior to invoking the script (e.g. using a batch/command file).

And with the more recent TTU "suite" installs for Windows, the uninstall process / requirements may differ. Refer to the TTU Installation Guide for Windows, for the version of TTU you are trying to install.

Fan

Hi fred

Where I can get the latest version of the script

Teradata Employee

Hi Kimo72,

It's provided with the latest TTU :

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-tools-and-utilities-windows-installation-packa...

After unzipping :

.\TeradataToolsAndUtilitiesBase\Windows

Teradata Employee

Any TTU bundle from 15.00 or later should have the latest version.

(There is no new "brute force" uninstall script logic for TTU15.10 or later; recent versions rely on the "suite" uninstall instead - see the Windows installation guide for details.)