Development Tier of Teradata VANTAGE

Teradata Database on VMWare
Enthusiast

Development Tier of Teradata VANTAGE

Hi, on this Teradata page https://www.teradata.com/Products/Cloud/VMware

it is stated 

"Try the free Developer Tier to see how Teradata Vantage on VMware works with your private cloud environment. Download Free Trial "

but actually the template is creating a "standard" Teradata Database 16.20.07 instance without the Vantage platform functionalities (analytic functions that can work stanalone or called from Python teradataml package, etc..). Could anybody tell me if there is a downloadable development tier template for Teradata Vantage?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Teradata Employee

Re: Development Tier of Teradata VANTAGE

At present (July 2019), there is no "trial" version that includes MLE functionality. The current versions of Vantage Developer on AWS Marketkplace and TD Express for VMware player include in-database flavors of some analytic functions (e.g. nPath, Sessionization, Attribution, and Scoring) but as you discovered the VMware Development Tier image is still an earlier version that lacks most of those.

Enthusiast

Re: Development Tier of Teradata VANTAGE

Thanks, I was almost ready to embark on the (somehow) costly version of Teradata Vantage on AWS (around 500 $ / month) but since it offers the same (limited) MLE functionality like the Express versions I will stick with those.