Administration perspective

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Administration perspective

I am trying to use Studio to get the same information I was able to get with Teradata Administrator.

ON the Administration panel, I want to be able to select a role and see the rights assigned to that role.
I also want to be able to select a user and see what rights that user has and which roles granted those rights.

How can I do that in Studio?

10 REPLIES 10
Teradata Employee

Re: Administration perspective

Double click the Roles category in the Navigator pane to see all of the Roles, then double click on a Role to see its Role Members, Privileges, User Members, etc.

Enthusiast

The Privileges Held panel is empty for every role.  

Enthusiast

Privileges Held is still empty in Studio 16.20.09. If this is a bug, shouldn't it have been solved now, one year later?

Teradata Employee

Where are you looking for Privileges Held? Double-click or "Open Role" (with rolename displayed on the tab and Role: rolename as the title) or right click and "Modify Privileges" (which requires additional filter criteria prior to "Display Selected")?

Enthusiast

I have now opened the "Modify Privileges" / "Privileges held" screen. I find this screen very little intuitive. What do I fill in if I just want to see all privileges in a role?

Teradata Employee

You can only display / modify specific privileges. The other screen is the one that should display all privileges directly granted to a role.

Are you perhaps using "nested roles" where role A has been granted role B, and role B is the one that actually has the privileges? In that case, you would not see those privileges when displaying role A.

Enthusiast

Hi again.

No I use only single level roles. I just want to see all privileges in a spesific role before I chanhe them.

The modify privileges function is then a disappointment to me. The modify privileges should show all existing priviliges on the role.

That would make it much more userfriendly to maintain the permissions.

Thank you again for your replies.

Teradata Employee

To add Privileges to a role , click on "Modify System Privileges " menu / toolbar action.
It takes you to form where you can add Privileges and commit.
Then you open Role by double click, you can see the Privileges list held.

"Modify Privileges " will take you to add Privileges on a specific Object level.

Hope this helps. Please go through the below screen references.

“User Guide” helps you with more information. Let us know if you still have any questions.

OpenRole.pngModifySystemPrivileges.pngOpen-PrivilegesHeld.png

Enthusiast

Thank you for your response.

I see that Open Role / Privileges held give me an overview over the existings permissions in a role.

I was hoping that the "Modify Privileges" could easy give me an overview containing all existings permissions as a start.

This seems not possible, but that would have made it much more easy to add/change role-permissions.

The best solution would be if the "Modify Privileges" also could show existing role-permissions.