Reset the user's password by TD studio

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Reset the user's password by TD studio

I have two problems about the Users Password of TD studio 1. When the user's password is expired , Could they modify their password without the help of DBA? 2. When the users forget their password, I have to reset their password. I modify their password by SQL . (modify user password) The users can logon by the new password successfully , and they have to modify the Password again, also using the same SQL. The costomer want to modify their password as the same as their first logon by the dialoge window instead of the SQL. Is my operation wrong ? What should I do ? where can I see the settings of users password? such as the expired days, password rules.
Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Reset the user's password by TD studio

You could add the request for the password change dialog to be explicitly available to users (not just invoked automatically after expiration) to the list at Teradata Studio Ideas.

For password rules, currently you would need to look at the associated profile (dbc.ProfileInfoV or the Create/Modify Profile dialog in Studio Administration perspective), or system level defaults (dbc.SecurityDefaultsV). And you might want to compare (join) with dbc.DBase changed / locked info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Teradata Employee

1. When the user's password is expired , Could they modify their password without the help of DBA?

STUDIO>> If user's Password  expires a reset dialogue will be shown in Studio.

2. When the users forget their password, I have to reset their password.

I modify their password by SQL . (modify user password) The users can logon by the new password successfully , and they have to modify the Password again, also using the same SQL. The costomer want to modify their password as the same as their first logon by the dialoge window instead of the SQL.

Is my operation wrong ? What should I do ? where can I see the settings of users password? such as the expired days, password rules.

STUDIO>> Instead of Dialogue Studio provide a Form to edit the user details.

User Need to navigate to Administration perspective -->objectlistviewer -->ModifyDatabase/User form to change the password.

Teradata Employee

You could add the request for the password change dialog to be explicitly available to users (not just invoked automatically after expiration) to the list at Teradata Studio Ideas.

For password rules, currently you would need to look at the associated profile (dbc.ProfileInfoV or the Create/Modify Profile dialog in Studio Administration perspective), or system level defaults (dbc.SecurityDefaultsV). And you might want to compare (join) with dbc.DBase changed / locked info.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply. My user can only access to StudioExpress now. I hope there is a dialogue invoked automatically after the password reset.
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply. It looks like that I can not find a better way to solve this problem. I have submitted this to the Teradata Studio Idea. Thank you very much.