Setup host server for Studio Express

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Re: Setup host server for Studio Express

Viktor, Make sure you are viewing the latest articles with the latest version of Studio Express. In the latest version, 15.00, the Data Source Explorer will show the list of Databases and Users. The term Schema was used in older versions and synonymous with Database.

Enthusiast

thank you all ..

Hi All,

I have downloaded Teradata Studio Express 15 for my MAC OS X.

I am trying to setup new connection profile, but stuck at providing the " Database Server Name " ," User Name [Domain]" , " Password". 

Please help.

Alekhya

Enthusiast

You will need to ensure the RDMS you wish to connect to is able to be reached by your system.

If you're using a VM, then the ip address of the VM needs to be used (ifconfig on the client VM will do the trick) if the VM is on another server, then you may neeed to create a tunnel to that VM

ssh -fNL 1025:localIPaddressTD:1025 user@server

and naturally make sure that the VM and RDMS is running when you setup the tunnel.

Enthusiast

Alekhya: Addendum the tunnel is only required if you need to attache to a remote machine that has a VM within it.

Enthusiast

hi team,

how can we place the teradata in one machine which can access to multiple users. please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Jyothsna

Teradata Employee

Jyothsna, Are you asking about having Teradata Studio installed and used by multiple users?

Enthusiast

yes fgrimmer, i want to place teradata in one machine, but 10 other users wants to access teradata. is it possible..

Teradata Employee

Jyothsna, Are you using Terminal Server software shared user environment? Teradata Studio has been certified in Citrix environment.

Otherwise, on a standard desktop system, Teradta Studio can be used by multiple users but only one instance can be running at one time. Each user will have their own workspace. 

Enthusiast

Thanks for your infomation fgrimmer, i will check it once.