Studio data Transfer - Transfer History View is empty

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Studio data Transfer - Transfer History View is empty

Hi I'm using the Data Transfer perspective to load some test data, and the load goes through ok and I can see the load process (although very quick as small datasets) from the "transfer Progress View", however when it completes the "Transfer History View" is empty. When I check the TD table, all the rows loaded successfully. I have no rows at all in the "Transfer History View", can somebody advise how to get these to display. I recall that I used tio see rows here, not sure if that was a previous release or not. I'm running Studio 16.20.0.201711150049 Cheers Steven
5 REPLIES 5
Teradata Employee

Re: Studio data Transfer - Transfer History View is empty

Hi Steven,

We have tried to replicate the scenario but could not. So can you please elaborate more on what you have done.

for ex:

load type :(smart load/fast load)

source: file to table/table to table.

is this issue consistent at your end? 

open Transfer History view again from "Window-->show view" and check.

share the Log file as well.(Example location : WS\.metadata\Teradata\teradata.log).

We need your inputs to investigate more on this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi It doesn't matter which source or traget type I use, the history log wasn't getting populated. I closed the transfer history view and reopened it again, then reran the test load and same situation. Could see the progress, but when finished nothing in the history. I then closed down Studio and Restarted, but got a message that my workspace was being used by something else, sorry didn't capture the message. I then restarted again and lauched ok and entries appearded in the Transfer history view including history rows from a few months back and even a few years back, but not those from the other day. I rerun and the test load and an entry now appears in the history view. I have also lost all history rows in my Teradata SQL History (Query Development) since the last time I restarted Studio, which was the 1st July. Cheers Steven
Teradata Employee

Hi Steven,

Maybe try updating your Studio, your version seems quite old.

https://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-studio

Teradata Employee

Hi Steve,

Since we tried to replicate the issue, I was asking questions to isolate the issue in which scenario it is failing.

Anyway, I assume there is an issue with loading the history plugin when the workspace starts.

You can upgrade to the latest version and check.

before upgrading, If possible please share the log files. For us will be useful to find the root cause of History loading issue.

Enthusiast

Hi

Unfortunately upgrading is not that easy, as will need our softwre packing team to repackage and distribute, however I don't believe the version is the issue.

The issue may be because Studio can be opened through our desktops at work, and also via a remote session at home on a windows VM.  The same workspace folder is shared by both, so perhaps there is an issue with one of the instances somehow locking the workspace.  When I launch Studio at work, usually I leave it open and don't shut it down until the Friday, and this is where I can sometimes lose my history for the week.  During that week, I may have logged on from home.

Which logs are you after ?

Do you prefer this to be tracked via an incident ?

Cheers

Steven