Studio vs. SQL Assistant feature questions

Teradata Studio
Fan

Studio vs. SQL Assistant feature questions

I am migrating to Studio after many years of using SQL Assistant. I could use some assistance in finding Studio set-up preferences for the following features that are apparently different:

When doing a Select statement for example, all fields are wrapped in quotes. Can I turn off the quotes?

A new SQL Editor tab pops up for everything I do.  How do I just re-use a single tab?

In SQL Assistant, the sql text was somehow limited to n character width and would automatically wrap in the window at n width.  In Studio, the sql runs on forever (and off the window) on a single line. When I "format" it, the sql breaks on every field (comma delimiter presumably) which makes for a potentially long list. Is there a feature in Studio to have the sql wrap at n character width?

SQL Assistant had a "quick paste" right-click feature. Is there such a thing in Studio?

Thanks for any insight. I have been playing with preference settings but am having difficulty finding these specific things.

4 REPLIES 4
Teradata Employee

Re: Studio vs. SQL Assistant feature questions

There is a Community article, Transitioning from SQL Assistant to Studio Express, that may help. Articles are located on Community in Developer Zone>Tools

Fan

I had seen that, yes, and have browsed through user guide documentation.  Nothing seems to get down to my very specific questions so I was hoping somebody could point me to the applicable preference set-up options, assuming the features actually exist in Studio.

Teradata Employee

Question #1:

Current Studio doesnot contain any preference to turn of quotes

Question #2:

There is a pereference to control opening up a new tab for each quick SQL statements. Unchecking this option would replace the existing editor tab with the new one.

quickSQLPref.png

Question #3:

Word-wrapping is not available in Studio.

Question #4 : Quick-paste

User can drag and drop the object onto the SQL editor, this behaves similar to quick-paste.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Question #3:

"Alt + Shift + Y" action performs word-wrap, fitting the line width to the editor size. There is no existing preference to limit the line width at n characters.