Teradata 15.1 Error when trying to execute query

Teradata Studio

Re: Teradata 15.1 Error when trying to execute query

BTW: I am on OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite).

Teradata Employee

Can you open an incident for this so we can gather the error logs and configuration information? As a work around, can you try creating another connection profile with the same attributes as the first one (that fails) but give it a different name and select it in the drop down selection in the SQL Editor? Let me know if this helps.

Not applicable

Getting the same error. Version : 15.11.0.201605311154 downloaded 30 mins ago...  My Mac Version is : 10.11.5 (El Capitan)

Teradata studio express has worked fine for me; so that is my current solution, just use the express version.

Fan

It is now working fine for me. Thanks @fgrimmer. I am now using TD 15.11

Downloaded Just 20 mins back.. It is on Windows 7 64 bit machine.. Version --> TeradataStudioExpress__win64_x86.15.11.00.00

Below Error Message:  [[ Only when submitting queries ]]

failed to execute SQL: org.eclipse.dataools.sqltoos.db.generic.service.GenericSQLService cannot be cast to com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.db.teradata.services.ITeradataSQLService

Strange facts:

--able to ping

- able to see all database objects

But threw above error only when I submit queries.. Please throw some light on this.. 

- Vinoth

Teradata Employee

Vinoth, I think there is a problem in selecting the conneciton profile in the SQL Editor. A workaround is mentioned above. As a work around, can you try creating another connection profile with the same attributes as the first one (that is failing) but give it a different name. Select the new connection profile in the drop down selection in the SQL Editor.  Let me know if that helps. We should have this fixed in upcoming 15.12 release.

Teradata Employee

Vinoth, Studio 15.12 will be available after the Teradata Partners conference next week. Sorry for the delay.

Teradata Employee

I think this might help!
1)restart TeraData Express Studio

2)Double-click on DataBase

3)New editor would appear and it will run all queries

This works fine for me