Teradata Studio 15.10.01.01 on Mac OS X -- Hangs

Teradata Studio

Re: Teradata Studio 15.10.01.01 on Mac OS X -- Hangs

Yes I am able to launch the Teradata Studio but when after creating a Connection Profile and trying to connect to it (using Teradata) just hangs at that point.

Teradata Employee

Christopher, There is an issue that we have fixed where if you did not save the password for your connection profile, then select it in the SQL Editor list, it would stop responding. Can you verify that you are saving the password in the connection profile and see if that resolves the problem for now. The fix is in our 15.12 release that is planned to be available next week.

Yep I am saving the password, but I am not making it past test connection or finish when it is set to connect when the connection wizard closes. 

In addition I am using LDAP as authentication mode.

Teradata Employee

Christopher, You can take a look at the terdata.log and see if any exceptions are being thrown. It is located in your workspace. USER directory/workspace-studio/.metadata/Teradata/teradata.log. Otherwise, we would need to turn on JDBC debug mode and send us the JDBC log to see what is happening with trying to connect. Check the Studio teradata.log and if nothing there, you would need to open an incident with Teradata Support so we can gather the JDBC log and configuration information.

When I opened up the workspace there wasn't much there so I tried again ... and it seemed to work ... I am remote connecting via VPN so maybe there is a firewall issues in the office .. Thanks so much for the help and tips of things to look at. 

Teradata Employee

Christopher, Studio 15.12 will be available after the Teradata Partners conference next week. Sorry for the delay.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I have been facing the same issue on my mac with OS X Yosemite. The queries always takes longer to run than they take to run on my coworkers windows sysstems and the wheel starts to go on forever. I got Studio express reinstalled but still the problem persists. Can I get help on troubleshooting?

Thanks

Sonia

Tags (1)