Teradata Studio Express Enhancement Request

Teradata Studio

Teradata Studio Express Enhancement Request

I'm a long-time user of the previous version of Teradat Studio Express, Teradata SQL Assistant Java Edition. The key feature I love about this older version that's not available in the new Studio Express versions is the ability to keep persistent query resultset history, such that when I run a query, the SQL, start/end time and resulting dataset are stored together and can be accessed together. The way Studio Express works now is similar to the original "old school" SQL Assistant, where there's a query history section that just stores the SQL and metadata, and a section with new resulset tabs opened for each new SQL run, but there is no linkage between the two. I would have to manually update the resultset tab name each time I run a query so I can tell which SQL was used to generate the resultset. Or if I go back to my query history, i would have to re-run a SQL from there to generate the resultset, which might now generate a different result from the original time I ran the SQL if the underlying data changed.

Is there an enhancement request I can log somewhere for this, or is this functionality perhaps already on the roadmap?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Express Enhancement Request

Check / post to the Teradata Studio Ideas page.

Note that you do have the ability to show the text of the SQL statement that generated a result set, though there is no link from/to the history metadata.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

“Please enter your request in our ideas portal https://teradata-studio.ideas.aha.io/.This is where we’re accumulating all the requests coming in for Studio. If the request already exists in the portal then please vote it up and add comments.

Thanks Fred and Srilatha. I actually logged an idea for this in June 2018, but I guess the idea hasn't gotten much traction :)

Link: https://teradata-studio.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TDSTUDIO-I-27