Unable to start TeraData Studio

Teradata Studio

Unable to start TeraData Studio

Hello,

OS X 10.12.6

Java, JDK 1.8 (have tried various builds)

Teradata Studio 16.20.00.01

I cannot get Teradata Studio to start.  Launching the application fails and results in the creation of a log file.  Curiously the log file reports that "java.version=10.0.1" is present, even when java has been completely uninstalled from the laptop.

Please let me know what additional information I can provide to help troubleshoot this issue.

!SESSION 2018-04-18 17:13:29.634 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=10.0.1
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/XXXXXX/.eclipse_keyring
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/XXXXXX/.eclipse_keyring

Charlie

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: Unable to start TeraData Studio

Running the java -version command will show what version of Java will be used. I am guessing it shows 1.10 as below. Can you use the Java Control Panel in the Preferences to control the Java version? 

Here is a link to uninstalling Java on Mac: https://www.java.com/en/download/help/mac_uninstall_java.xml

Re: Unable to start TeraData Studio

Thank you for the suggestion.

Despite running the documented uninstall commands, Java was still present on the system... at the system level.

Once this installation was removed, "java -version" no longer reported that Java was installed and TeraData Studio now launches as expected.

Charlie