Why do all of the people who have to develop on Teradata still use SQL Assistant?

Teradata Studio

Why do all of the people who have to develop on Teradata still use SQL Assistant?

It is easy to kill SQL Assistant and Teradata Administrator.

First: I could care less about Windows v Java or other Operating System opinions.   All I want to do is get things done.

Will Teradata Sudio ever get fixed?   Back in 13.10 days we can all give a mulligan to Studio as the new kid on the block.  

At this point, years later it appears the issue is bigger than a release version.  Now this thing smells of no funding in another cost cutting maneuver.

Or?  Is it that everyone who knew was laid off?  In which layoff round?  Wait, the layoff # doesn't matter because the people whose job requires they use this garbage are frustrated.

I'd happily give you 12 GB of memory if Teradata Studio actually worked.  Teradata Administrator, the old Windows App, was completely forgotten or ditched from a user point of view.  The simple task of taking a feature in working solution covering it in Studio is apparently too complex an undertaking.

Does anyone in the Studio development team care about the user experience?   Or is this a management issue and we need to send e-mail to Vic?

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Why do all of the people who have to develop on Teradata still use SQL Assistant?

Hello,

Feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss this.

Thanks,

Isha Sharma