Execute TPT job in Unix

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Execute TPT job in Unix

Hi everyone,

I have performed different TPT scripts to load data into a table and they run appropriately through the Command Prompt (cmd) in Windows by executing the following sentence in the directory of the "tbuild.exe" file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata\Client\15.10\bin):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata\Client\15.10\bin> tbuild.exe -f name_of_the_script.tpt -v name_of_script_jobvar.txt

Now, I am trying to run these scripts in a Unix system from an arbitrary directory (i.e. not from the directory of the corresponding "tbuild.exe" file in Unix), but I totally ignore the procedure and I am not getting a solution.

Any idea?

Best regards,

George

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Execute TPT job in Unix

In Unix, the name is just tbuild not tbuild.exe (and remember Unix is case-sensitive).

Generally the TTU install puts the directory in the PATH for you. Or you can specify the full pathname in the command, e.g. /opt/teradata/client/15.10/bin/tbuild - the exact path will depend on your TTU release and which type of Unix system you are on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
Teradata Employee

In Unix, the name is just tbuild not tbuild.exe (and remember Unix is case-sensitive).

Generally the TTU install puts the directory in the PATH for you. Or you can specify the full pathname in the command, e.g. /opt/teradata/client/15.10/bin/tbuild - the exact path will depend on your TTU release and which type of Unix system you are on.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thank you for the quick response.

I have executed the following statement in an arbitrary directory of Unix and it works fine:

/opt/teradata/client/15.10/bin/tbuild -f /directory/script.tpt -v /directory/script_jobvar.txt

What do you mean with "the TTU install puts the directory in the PATH for you"? Is there any other alternative and easier way to execute the jobs?

Thank you again.