How to export data in pipe delimiter format using fast export ?

Tools & Utilities
K_Y
Enthusiast

How to export data in pipe delimiter format using fast export ?

Hi 

I have a requirement to export data using fastexport , however the data fileds in report should be separated by pipe, I couln't find any delimiter option in fastexport.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Kavita

3 REPLIES 3
Teradata Employee

Re: How to export data in pipe delimiter format using fast export ?

Legacy FastExport does not directly support delimited output. You can use the database CSV table function in conjunction with FORMAT TEXT in the export job to accomplish this.

Or it's simpler to just use TPT Export - the TPT Data Connector supports delimited text output.

K_Y
Enthusiast

thank you so much Fred for the information, could you please explian below statement little more

"database CSV table function in conjunction with FORMAT TEXT in the export " I have never heard of this term before.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Check the SQL Reference: SQL Functions, Operators, Expressions, and Predicates manual for more detail about the CSV table function.

If you use that function to have the database form a single VARCHAR field containing a delimited string, you can then declare the output file as FORMAT TEXT in the FastExport (which simply appends a newline to each record).