Issue while accessing credentials file for Azure Blob to Teradata loading.

Tools & Utilities
Teradata Employee

Issue while accessing credentials file for Azure Blob to Teradata loading.

Hello ,

I am trying to load data to TEradata 16.2 from Azure Blob.

But in my TPT , i am getting error while running.

AZUREAXM [11632]: Initialization String is '-Container azureblobcontainer -Object Employee_Details.txt -ConfigDir C:\Users\AM186060\Desktop\Vantage_config\azureaxsmod'
AZUREAXM [11632]: !ERROR! Unable to get StorageAccountEndPoint: Open of 'C:\Users\AM186060\Desktop\Vantage_config\azureaxsmod\credentials' failed
AZUREAXM [11632]: !ERROR! Unable to get StorageAccountName: Open of 'C:\Users\AM186060\Desktop\Vantage_config\azureaxsmod\credentials' failed

I have my credentials file as below

[default]
StorageAccountName = azureblob4
StorageAccountKey = m******************************************************************************3/A==
StorageAccountEndPoint = .blob.core.windows.net

Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Issue while accessing credentials file for Azure Blob to Teradata loading.

Make sure your "credentials" file is named just that, and doesn't have a .txt or other file extension.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
Teradata Employee

Make sure your "credentials" file is named just that, and doesn't have a .txt or other file extension.

Teradata Employee

Thanks Fred . It worked.. One more question.

When I connect to Azure , i get the below error- Is that an issue with the access module-libazureaxsmod.dll which I am using ? 

LOAD_OPERATOR1: connecting sessions
AZUREAXM [16300]: !ERROR! Unable to open azure connection: Could not find file: Employee_Details.txt
AZUREAXM [16300]: Return value for failing opcode Op_Open is pmrcFailure: Indeterminate error. Ref pmGetErrText()
Data_Connector[1]: TPT19434 pmOpen failed. General failure (34): 'Teradata Access Module for Microsoft Azure !ERROR! Unable to open azure connection'
Data_Connector[1]: TPT19304 Fatal error opening file.
Data_Connector[1]: TPT19015 TPT Exit code set to 12.

Teradata Employee

It says the AXSMOD can't find the object you want it to open. Note that the name of the blob object is case-sensitive. 

Teradata Employee

The name and its case-sensitivity is correct . Is it failing to establish the connection since the error says : AZUREAXM [16300]: !ERROR! Unable to open azure connection ? Like any ports blocking the connection ?

Teradata Employee

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Is the object a single-part file or does it have multiple "parts" suffixed with F000001, F000002, etc. 

The default is -SinglePartFIle false; you may need to set it to true.

Teradata Employee

That worked like charm :-)

Thanks Fred .