We are using Datastage as ETL tool and Teradata as Database. In one job we are using Teradata connector stage as Target.
If we select Parallel synchronization as "Yes" job is getting aborted with the below error. If "No" jobs is getting finished.
Error Message :
RDBMS code 350: CLI2: REQOVFLOW(350): Request size exceeds maximum
Could any one let me know what was the issue.
Usually, this error comes up when the size of SQL issued to Teradata is greater than the allowed length (1 MB).
Can you check if the generated SQL is large enough to cause this error? If yes, you can breakup sql and create its view to avoid this error.
I have seen this error when incompatible versions of different TTU software components are installed, especially CLI.
Please install (or-reinstall) the latest and greatest patches of CLI.
When submitted directly to the parser, the maximum SQL request size is 1mb(sysmaxreqsize).However, when submitted inside a stored procedure, each request is limited to a maximum size of 64kb (max_req_size).
We made the error go away by tweaking the array size in DataStage:
Our Buffersize in Teradata is 1Mbyte.
We divided 1Mbyte by the maximum row size in the data we were loading.
We used that result for the arraysize in datastage.
-- I apologize I don't seem to have kept track of the source for that, but I recall I picked that recommendation up somewhere in the forums, and it appears to have cleared up the problem.