TPT Oracle JDBC connection

Tools & Utilities
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: TPT Oracle JDBC connection

Yes, we do brand the DataDirect Drivers with TPT now and this requires a license to be requested from Teradata by your site team.

But the message you posted above does not have to do anything with the Branded drivers. This was due to not setting the ODBCINI env variable.

Did you happen to do this and pass this point and have some other error regarding the License?

Teradata Employee

Could it be that the ODBCINI environment variable is pointing to a valid odbc.ini file, but the contents of the odbc.ini file are actually pointing to non-branded drivers?

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Doesn't look to be the case as the below mentioned driver is the one we bundle with TPT and is used to connect to Oracle.

Library files referred

/opt/teradata/client/15.10/tbuild/odbc/lib64/_Tor827.so

Since he says he is setting the ENV variables as suggested, the only option is to see the content of the odbc.ini file now.

TDThrottle, are you using the odbc.ini file present in the /opt/teradata/client/15.10/tbuild/odbc/ folder?

Teradata Employee

My post said:

Could it be that the ODBCINI environment variable is pointing to a valid odbc.ini file, but the contents of the odbc.ini file are actually pointing to non-branded drivers?

Which is saying the same thing. Since his error message says this:

MSG=[DataDirect][ODBC lib] System information file not found. Please check the ODBCINI environment variable.

It seemed to me that he was not indeed accessing the bundled drivers.

His job is accessing some other DataDirect drivers.

Thus, most likely an issue with the odbc.ini file.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thanks Steve and Vishnu.

As you both pointed I was using wrong non-branded drivers. ODBC connectivity to Oracle works after repointing ODBC.ini dirver to 64bin "_Tora27.so"

Was referring to:

[Oracle]

Driver=/opt/teradata/client/15.10/tbuild/odbc/lib64/_Tor827.so

Description=Teradata 7.1 Oracle

Changed to:

[Oracle Wire Protocol]

Driver=/opt/teradata/client/15.10/tbuild/odbc/lib64/_Tora27.so

Description=Teradata 7.1 Oracle Wire Protocol

Thanks!

TDThrottle

Teradata Employee

TDThrottle,

You posted a question on the DevX article thread:

"Use Teradata Parallel Transporter to Move Data Without Landing the Data to Disk"

I am assuming you do not need answers to your questions there, as they have been addressed here.

Thanks!

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thanks for the followup Steve.