TPT Script for Fixed width and Embeded CR/LF in data

Tools & Utilities
Fan

TPT Script for Fixed width and Embeded CR/LF in data

Hi All,

We are using TPT to load data from Fixed Width Data file to teradata table. But the data from user has new line character(CR/LF) embeded within the data. That causes TPT to consider as EOR and results in loading error for those rows. Does TPT support embeded data with CR/LF to be loaded to table. Can someone please let me know if they had faced similar issue and any workaround for same. We are using Teradata Version 16.10.04.06.

Thanks in Advance :)

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT Script for Fixed width and Embeded CR/LF in data

There is no support if you are using Format=Text

But if the format is fixed, try using Format=Unformatted with a dummy field appended to the schema to allow for the newline at the end of each record. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Teradata Employee

Hi Vency,

According to this post :

https://community.teradata.com/t5/Tools-Utilities/Loading-carriage-returns-with-TPT-Load-Operator/m-...

It should be working as long as your CR/LF is embedded in a delimited string.

Also, check for the TPT version you're using with command "tbuild -V" as TPT carries these features, not the database.

Fan

Thanks Walder for your quick reply,

We are using TPT version 16.10.00.05. Also, sorry i forgot to mention in original post that i have tested the CR/LF embeded in data using delimited data file and TPT option 'DELIMITED' and it workd fine. But this dosen't work with Fixed Width Data File. So based on the post it looks like Teradata TPT dosen't support CR/LF embeded in data for fixed width files. Is that right ?

Teradata Employee

There is no support if you are using Format=Text

But if the format is fixed, try using Format=Unformatted with a dummy field appended to the schema to allow for the newline at the end of each record. 

Fan

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your response....

Thanks,

Vency