The Installation of ODBC appears to have failed

Tools & Utilities
Fan

The Installation of ODBC appears to have failed

Before anyone points to the other post with the same issue, I have tried using the solution recommended on there and it does not work.

A coworker of mine is getting the error shown below when installing Teradata Tools and Utilies 16.10.05.00 or any version. This was also his first time installing Teradata so there should not have been any compatibility issues with previous versions. I also tried running the uninstall script using command prompt and it did not work on his computer. The error it spat out said an object was missing, most likely because it was never able to install properly. I was able to run the script properly on my computer just to make sure I typed everything in correctly.

Hitting yes and trying to continue it will not properly install teradata. We won't be able to find teradata when setting up an ODBC data source.

error.pngerror2.png

He has windows 10 and admin priviledges to his computer. I have tried other versions of TTU but to no avail. Could someone offer me another solution to this issue?

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: The Installation of ODBC appears to have failed

Some preliminary things to check:

• Be sure that you have unzipped (extracted all files/folders from) the downloaded package before trying to execute the installer.
  • Be sure that you are using the setup.exe from the ...\TeradataToolsAndUtilitiesBase\Windows folder (or the TTU_Base.exe from ...\TTUExpress folder).

You may need to create a log file to determine the cause. From a command prompt, go to the folder where the installer exe is located, and execute

setup.exe /debuglog

This will create an InstallShield.log file in the same folder.

Fan

Thank you for replying Fred. We made sure the files were extracted and we tried running both the setup.exe and the TTU.exe, but we still experienced the same problem. Do you want me to post or send you the InstallShield.log file?

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

You may need to open an incident with Teradata Support and attach the log.

But you are welcome to post the last few lines of the log here and see if one of the community volunteers (like me) can help.

Fan

Do I open an incident by emailing community.manager2@teradata.com?

Teradata Employee

No, that's just for technical issues with the Teradata Community site itself.

You would need an account at http://access.teradata.com that is allowed to create/manage incidents for your site (also referred to as Teradata At Your Service). Your in-house support team should have this ability; otherwise contact your Teradata account team for assistance.