“Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” running bteq on AIX

Tools & Utilities
Fan

“Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” running bteq on AIX

After installing Teradata version 14.0 new on AIX v6.1 test box, I login using “bteq” command and then get the error “Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” and then just hangs until I can only kick out.  Then receive  "*** Warning: Exiting because of three BREAKs!   *** Exiting BTEQ...      *** RC (return code) = 2".  Note: /etc/services file only lists “tdmst  1025/tcp” and “tpa” does not exist in /etc/init.d file.  Components installed successfully.   Thank you.

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: “Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” running bteq on AIX

Most often, this is due to a network error of some sort which allows the initial logon handshake (very short messages) to succeed but data transmission (longer messages) fails.

You could enable CLIv2 trace (set COPANOMLOG=filename) and/or use a network trace to try to isolate the problem.

Fan

Re: “Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” running bteq on AIX

I will try that.  Thank you.

Not applicable

Hi,

How to run this

You could enable CLIv2 trace (set COPANOMLOG=filename

Teradata Employee

run command in terminal: /etc/init.d/tpa start

It does release some pending locks/tasks, and forcefully start teradata database service.

Teradata Employee

We faced similiar issue, and it was an issue with the credentials in the LOGON file.

The password had been changed for the batch user, and once we updated the LOGON file, the BTEQ started working again.

Tags (1)