fastload error message: Not enough fields in vartext data record number: 1

Tools & Utilities
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: fastload error message: Not enough fields in vartext data record number: 1

perl DBD-ODBC can not support fastload protocol.

I suggest you use JAVA via JDBC, JDBC can support batch-mode insert(ARRAY support) and fastload protocol. JDBC has many benefits, multiplute language support and cross-platform  will be easy.

Enthusiast

So the older teradata DBD interface, 'DBD::Teradata' was able to do Fastload and MLoad, but not 'DBD::ODBC' ?

I am not familiar enough with JAVA, so I would need to run this either with a shell script or perl.  If Fastload is not supported is there any other option I have to insert the data any faster?  I have been reading about BTEQ but there is nowhere I can see to download the TTU for LInux installation.

Enthusiast

Hi

Do you have TPT 14 as part of TTU package in Linux system? Then you can use Dataconnector Producer operator with "QuotedData" option and then run Load operator as fast load. This will solve your problem.

Thanking You

Santanu

Enthusiast

I don't have TPT installed.  I installed the following:

Teradata ICU, TeraGSS and ODBC pkgs.  Then I installed the DBD::ODBC perl modules to work with DataDirect ODBC Driver Manager.  Everything now works fine, command line and via perl script.  I've also installed the CLIV2 package, but haven't used it yet.  But inserts are very slow.  Hoping to get fastload, bteq or multiload working to help speed up the process.  It was suggested to try the JDBC module but I don't know JAVA well enough.  So can you tell me where to get the TPT 14 package?

Teradata Employee

If you are thinking if starting to use FastLoad and MultiLoad, you should consider using TPT instead (on same media as FastLoad and MultiLoad). We are not adding any features to FastLoad and MultiLoad. TPT is the load/unload suite going forward.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Is there a place to download TPT?  I don't see it on the list of downloadable files.

Teradata Employee

It is on the same media as the rest of TTU. TPT is a part of TTU.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Can you tell me how I can get hold of the TTU download for Linux RedHat?  I've seen a few posts for requests but the only answers I've seen is pointing to documentation about the installation.  The only available download is for Windows.