Introducing Teradata Wallet

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Introducing Teradata Wallet

thompsonhab asked:

Can the Wallet be used with the Teradata OleLoad utility and if so how?

I'm not familiar with that utility, but based on the name I'm guessing it uses ODBC for the actual connection. If so, you'd use it the same way as any other ODBC connection.

Enthusiast

Hello,

Could you suggest how we can view the wallet details

e.g.  I have saved a password for TDPROD string I need to see the password by list I can see all my strings but not the password values.

Thanks,

Geeta A. Gwalani

Teradata Employee

Geeta -- if you try an invalid subcommand with the tdwallet tool, it'll print a list of all supported subcommands. One of those is the answer.

Hello,

I have an administrator user that register five WALLET.

Cai i share this wallet with other user?

Fo example:

User "Scott" add WALLET "US_GROUP" and register US_GROUP password.

Can User "Paul" connect with:

.logon proddev/US_GROUP,$tdwallet(US_GROUP)

Or each user must register their WALLET.

Teradata Employee

Hi All,

I am unable to use td wallet in Windows command line - I have TD Wallet 14.00.00.05 and running Win 7 32bit.

I am using cmdline tool for Aster db act or ncluster_loader and I am passing password as cmd line argument, but none of this works:

... -w "$tdwallet(key)" 

... -w \"$tdwallet(key)"

... -w $tdwallet(key)

... -w \$tdwallet(key)

On linux cmd line this is working: ... -w \"$tdwallet(key)"

Could you please help?

Regards,

Michal

Fan

Hello,

Will tdwallet loose passwords that were stored if server restarts? We found issue issue when server restarts all userid's and passwords enterd in tdwallet were lost.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

This appears to be inactive.  No responses.

Teradata Employee

gbendinelli asked:

I have an administrator user that register five WALLET.

Cai i share this wallet with other user?

I don't know what your example means or what application you are using, but wallets cannot be shared between users, as that would be a serious security vilation.

mm250136 asked:

I am using cmdline tool for Aster db act or ncluster_loader and I am passing password as cmd line argument

I can't help with this, because I don't provide support for Aster. Please contact your support team or open an incident.

krrish said:

Will tdwallet loose passwords that were stored if server restarts? We found issue issue when server restarts all userid's and passwords enterd in tdwallet were lost.

Teradata Wallet should not lose passwords on restart. Your question is not precise enough for me to determine exactly what happened. Please open an incident so we can get more information and resolve it.

Rbar -- this is active, but because I don't get any notifications, I only visit here once or twice a month.

If you need immediate assistance, please follow the usual support channels.

Enthusiast

What is the TD Wallet limits on the number of passwords can be store. If any know performance issues with high number of registered password (Eg, 10k's of passwords)?

Teradata Employee

chiran54321 asked:

What is the TD Wallet limits on the number of passwords can be store. If any know performance issues with high number of registered password (Eg, 10k's of passwords)?

There is no predetermined limit for the number of items that can be stored in a wallet. There are no known performance issues with a large number of wallet items. To find out about other limits imposed by Teradata Wallet, execute:

tdwallet help limits