Introducing Teradata Wallet

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Introducing Teradata Wallet

mceoni -- how many wallet entries were you able to add for this user? You can get the info on the limits by executing "tdwallet help limits", as mentioned a few times in the comments above.

The only way to get that exception should be if the user's wallet file (or disk) was full, just like the message says. The wallet file should be capable of containing a very high number of entries, so filling the file is not trivial. Perhaps there's some kind of other disk space quota you've ran into, or the free space you checked is not on the same disk as where the wallet file is located. If you can't figure it out, please open an incident with GSC so we can take a closer look.

Fan

Hi guys,

I have the same scenario that "mceoni" posted before. I'm getting the message below from TPT:

**** 10:25:17 TPT10507:

CLI Error 543: CLI2: TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. Attempt

to add to the data file failed because the data file is full. (database

or disk is full)

and various messages like below from tdwallet.log:

EXCEPTION Teradata_TdWallet::TdWalletException thrown, what="Attempt to add to the data file failed because the data file is full. (database or disk is full)" (wallet=0x20907AA0,tid=0x00000001)

Everything was running ok, and suddenly applications started to fail with these errors. It seems some file got full. But how to fix that? Databases involved have enough space. I do can validate all tdwallet string connections through BTEQ. They are all fine.

I have opened an incident with Teradata but got no answers..

Thanks!

Teradata Employee

Lizarb -- I found your incident (it didn't make its way to me yet, so I asked to have it escalated).

Could you please check if your temporary directory or partition is full or nearly full? That may also trigger the exception. Please use the incident to provide the answer -- I will communicate with you through our support team.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

I just realized that in an earlier comment I provided a bad example for hiding a username in the wallet:

tdpid/$tdwallet(usr1),$tdwallet($tdwallet(usr1)_$(tdpid))

This is wrong, because the item name would have to include the contents of $tdwallet(usr1), thus exposing the username. If the intention is to hide the username, the correct answer would be something like the following:

tdpid/$tdwallet(usr1),$tdwallet(usr1_$(tdpid))

which does not require the use of nested keywords.

Enthusiast

Hello - Thanks for the wonderful article. I am getting the  error "The logmech string exceeds the length limit. The maximum length is 8" when I try to run a fast export job. Below are the login info and the TD Wallet entry.

.logon tdpid/bakthro,$tdwallet # fast Export login

com.teradata.TD2 -> $td_wallet(testpw).

testpw -> P@$sw0rd

I don't get this error, when I do the same in a bteq script.

Also, when I use the below.

.logon tdpid/$tdwallet(user),$tdwallet(password) # Fastexport logon

I get the below error. This too works well in bteq.

**** 15:17:26 UTY1006 CLI error: 303, CLI2: BADLOGON(303): Invalid logon

string .

Thanks

Roopalini

Enthusiast

I figured out the reason for the second issue- CLI2: BADLOGON(303): Invalid logon

string . I just missed a semi colon. Could I get the reason and work around for the first error - "The logmech string exceeds the length limit". It works in bteq and not in fast export.

Teradata Employee

Roopalini -- there is an invalid underscore in one of your keywords -- "$td_wallet(testpw)". But that would not cause the logmech string error. The logmech string error doesn't have anything to to with Teradata Wallet -- it is reporting that your .logmech command is invalid. If you can't resolve this, please open an incident.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm new to tdwallets.  Was wondering if tdwallets work on linux odbc?  R14.00. 

Using $tdwallet(mydev1) at the password prompt.  Same tdwallet works with bteq.  And same password works with ODBC when not using tdwallets.

Enter Data Source Name: devpridsn

Enter UserID: myid1

Enter Password:

Connecting with SQLConnect(DSN=devpridsn,UID=rssabdev1,PWD=*)...

adhoc: (SQL Diagnostics) STATE=28000, CODE=4294959279, MSG=[Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

ODBC connection closed.

Teradata Employee

ndbajde - it's "tdwallet" not "tdwallets". Teradata ODBC Driver 14.0 works, just make sure you are using the latest efix.

Enthusiast

Regarding Portability?  How feasibile would it be to populate the wallet on one linux server and then copy the config and wallet files to other servers?  What are all of the files that must be copied?