Introducing Teradata Wallet

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Enthusiast

Re: Introducing Teradata Wallet

Hi,

If TDWALLET isn't supported; Do we have any other mechanism to securely supply passwords in JDBC connections?

with Regards

Teradata Employee

Many Java applications such as Eclipse (which Teradata Studio is based on), and many commercial application servers such as WebSphere and WebLogic, provide an encrypted password store for JDBC data source passwords. If you are using one of those products, then your JDBC data source passwords are already protected.

The concern about a lack of stored password protection typically relates to command-line Java applications that may store JDBC data source passwords in cleartext configuration files. To assist those types of applications, encrypted password support is on the product roadmap for the Teradata JDBC Driver.

Teradata Employee

Hi, I want tdwallet to be supported by .NET provider for Teradata on Windows. Or... any alternative to encrypt password.

Enthusiast

Can the Terdata url be substituted by $tdwallet(td_url)?

td_url being tdpid.mycompany.com (it works like this)

so the logon string would look like this:

.LOGON $tdwallet(db_url)/$tdwallet(u),$tdwallet(p);

I get CLI '224' occurred while connecting to the RDBMS when I try to execute the above.

Can you help me understand how do we use TDWALLET with LDAP. I am looking for the exact steps.

Hello,

How can I reset my tdwallet password if I lost my current password ?

Enthusiast

Has anyone tried using tdwallet from a Python script ?   Using Teradata ODBC, via pyodbc interface.

Thanks

Fan

Hi Shawn and MaxG,

Can  we add item in tdwallet using ssh application??

I am trying to add item in tdwallet using ssh. but not able to add it is stucking and not getting any output.

Please look into below for more details:

Administrator@xxxx

$ ./tdwallet.exe

Use the "help" command to get help.

tdwallet> add lokesh  ---> this step is not completing

Thanks,

Lokesh

Fan

Hi Shawn and MaxG,

I am trying to add item in tdwallet using ssh. but not able to add. it is stucking and not getting any output.

Administrator@xxxx

$ ./tdwallet.exe

tdwallet> add lokesh --->this step is not completing.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Fan

Hi Shawn and MaxG,

can we add item in tdwallet using ssh application??

I am trying to add item in tdwallet using ssh. but not able to add it is stucking and not getting any output.

Administrator@xxxx

$ ./tdwallet.exe

tdwallet> add lokesh --->this step is not completing

Thanks,

Lokesh