Introducing Teradata Wallet

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Introducing Teradata Wallet

shreya_singh asked:

Does Teradata wallet works on JDBC Connection?

No. At this time, only applications that initiate logon processing through Teradata CLIv2 for Network Attached Systems and Teradata ODBC Driver may utilize Teradata Wallet.

Can tdwallet store non teradata passwords? i have source system that is oracle and when i stored the password in tdwallet, i get invalid/user password error from the odbc driver. if i hardcode the password it works. Is there anyway i can retrieve password string in a variable?

i.e abc=$($tdwallet(mypass))

thanks

Teradata Employee

madhurao asked:

Can tdwallet store non teradata passwords?

Teradata Wallet stores opaque name-value paris, but access to the value is only available to software that utilizes Teradata Wallet (see the Note and my reply just above your question).

i have source system that is oracle and when i stored the password in tdwallet, i get invalid/user password error from the odbc driver.

I suspect since you are not connecting to a Teradata Database, you are not using the Teradata ODBC Driver.

Is there anyway i can retrieve password string in a variable?

i.e abc=$($tdwallet(mypass))

This would completely defeat the purpose of Teradata Wallet.

Enthusiast

Hello,

maybe a stupid question, but... is there a way how to migrate the wallet for a single user between 2 server. Lets say, we have a user user1 on server1 and server2, we create all the entries on server1 with tdwallet addsk and then we want to have all the passwords available for user1 on server2. Do we have to recreate all the entries manually or is there a way to copy the wallet to server2 from server1?

Thanks, GLHF,

Yuri

Teradata Employee

Duri83 -- It's a good question and I''ll reply as soon as I get the answer. This may vary between platforms, so if you could mention the OS of your servers that would be helpful.

Teradata Employee

Duri83 asked:

Do we have to recreate all the entries manually or is there a way to copy the wallet to server2 from server1

Due to security concerns, the wallets were not designed to be portable. At this time all the entries have to be recreated manually.

Not applicable

Hi Shawn,

I am unable to login through BTEQ using TDwallet from my windows system.

These are the steps that i have used

C:\Users\299164>tdwallet

Use the "help" command to get help.

tdwallet> add b45

Enter desired value for the item named "b45":

Item named "b45" added.

tdwallet> exit

C:\Users\299164>bteq

Teradata BTEQ 14.10.00.00 for WIN32.

Copyright 1984-2013, Teradata Corporation. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Enter your logon or BTEQ command:

.logmech LDAP

.logmech LDAP

Teradata BTEQ 14.10.00.00 for WIN32. Enter your logon or BTEQ command:

.logon fsltdtest2/b44057,$tdwallet(b45);

.logon fsltdtest2/b44057,$tdwallet(b45);

*** Error:  Invalid logon!

Teradata BTEQ 14.10.00.00 for WIN32. Enter your logon or BTEQ command:

.logon fsltdtest2/b44057,tdwallet(b45);

.logon fsltdtest2/b44057,tdwallet(b45);

*** Error:  Invalid logon!

Teradata Employee

nipunm - BTEQ does not allow the user's password to be entered on the same line as the .logon command in interactive mode.

Enthusiast

MaxG: thanks for the answer

Enthusiast

Can the Wallet be used with the Teradata OleLoad utility and if so how?