Introduction to Teradata Data Mover: Create your first job

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Introduction to Teradata Data Mover: Create your first job

Thanks Jason,

Problem is solved :).

Regards

Muhammad Touseef

Teradata Employee

Hi,

Can someone assist me on how we can move the View and its Dependent Views thru Data Mover. I want to move all the views from a database along with its dependent views, in a correct sequence.

Regards,

Atul Gangurde.

Teradata Employee

Data Mover does not support automatically copying dependent objects in a view.  Data Mover will only copy objects specified in the job definition.  You can copy all views in a database by including that database in the job definition.  If any dependent views are in different databases then you will also have to include those views (or their parent databases) in the job definition for them to be copied by Data Mover.

Jason

Fan

Hi Gordon,

Is TDM creates any physical file so I can move to new box and restore?

if no, is there any option to copy the Teradata DB from one box to another using physical copy.

Thnx

Navi

Teradata Employee

Data Mover does not create physical data files when copying data.  Data is transferred through buffers in memory.

Fan

Thanks Gordon!!

Can we use data filters for filtering data from tables while performing Archival using Arcmain utility? If yes, can you help me with the command. 

If not, What is the best way to move data from one teradata environment to other while we do not have access for both the environments at the same time? Is creation of flat files only option or any other thoughts?

Pls help

Thanks!!

Teradata Employee

You can only do partial copies with ARC on a limited basis.  Please read the "About Partial Copies" section in the Data Mover User Guide for more details.  If you're interested in how to do this outside of Data Mover by using stand-alone ARC then read the "Archiving Selected Partitions of PPI tables" section in the ARC User Guide.  Backing up/exporting data to flat files or a backup device is the only option I can think of to copy data between systems if you can't read from the source system and write to the target system at the same time.