Thank you! Is there an easy way to know when this RFC has been implemented?
I appreciate your quick responses,
Randy, I did a quick check on the RFC and the status is "WAIT", which I am not sure what that means. It doesn't look like much has been done since it was opened a while ago. It was opened internally. You could contact Teradata support and try to get the priority raised as a customer request.
As a side note, Teradata Studio provides actions to create Stored Procedures and allows for Comments. The Comments are added after the CREATE PROCEDURE using the COMMENT ON PROCEDURE statement.
Couple of changes I'm not too thrilled about:
- Drop & Row Count is no longer available on the shortcut menu in Query Development perspective - Data Source Explorer
- Move Space is no longer available on the shortcut menu in Administration Perspective - Navigator
I'd like to request a change -- in the Administration perspective, could you add Show Child Databases/Users to the right click menu on the Navigator? Dboule-clicking in the Navigator auto populates the tables for that database in the Object List Viewer and thers's no way to change that ability (that I could find). As a workaround, you can show the tables of a child database then use the breadcrumbs to go up a level and see all the child databases in the Object List Viewer, or start from the top level in the Object List Viewer and right click your way down through -- both rather cumbersome ways of navigating when given the Hierarchy tree in the Navigator window.
Also, I found if I closed the Filters window, I couldn't find a way to get it back without using the Reset Perspective option.
- We have added the Drop and Row Count back to Query Development for our next release.
- We have also added Show Child Databases/Users to the Navigator right click menu, also in next release.
- Another thing to note is that you can change the double click action within the Object List Viewer through the Object List Viewer Preference page.
- You can open up the Filter View by going to Window>Show View and locating the Filter View.
- All of the actions are provided from the Object List Viewer. We will look at providing some of the shortcuts from a top level toolbar.
Is there a way to show the currently collected statistics on a table? As far as I can tell the "Collect Summary" option collects summary statistics on a table while the "Collect..." option pops up a list of all the columns in the table for you to choose which to collect on. Nothing that I can see will tell you what is currently collected and how recently. Seems like it should be in the Table Property form in the Administrator view, but isn't there either.
My overall impression is that this new Admin view is much more difficult to navigate and slower to use since you've got to click on an object and then go choose the function you want to execute from the icons on the top right, most of which I don't know what they do until I hover over them and wait for the tool tip to tell me. Do things like dropping every table in a database of 300 tables is EXTREMELY slow because a window pops up for each one and the table list repopulates it self after each is dropped, making the cycle time about 5 seconds for each table. I can't imagine trying to do that for 1000 tables. Adding Right-Click options for EVERYTHING and making them redundant between the Admin view and Query Development view should be placed high on the request list for additional features.
I assume the new Admin view design was created for ADA compliance or something, but from a UI design and speed perspective, it definitely seems like a step in the wrong direction.
Bryan, We are working on getting the statistics display back in the table property form. This is planned for our 16.00 release by end of year.
We have added the Drop back to the Query Development's Data Source Explorer right click menu option in our 15.12 release, due out next week.
We are also looking into providing shortcuts from the Query Dev. DSE to the administration actions.
Bryan, Studio 15.12 will be available after the Teradata Partners conference next week. Sorry for the delay.
I have a few questions I hope you could answer:
1) Is there a search database/user option on the navigator under the Administration view ? There is one under Data Source explorer under the Query Development view, but would really like to search under the Administration view.
2) Is it possible in a future release to be able to open muliple connections under the Administration Navigator view like can be done under the Data Source Explorere under the Query Development view ?
3) I have also changed the right click option under the Navigator to show all objects (tick appears again "show all objects"), however when I double click for that user, I see the "show tables" option instead (as shown in the bread crumb trail).
I am currently running under Studio 16.10 with database 15.0.