Smart Loader for Hadoop

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Smart Loader for Hadoop

@VVenkat, No. It is supported on Teradata Database 13.0 and up. I have sent your issue over to TDCH support and hope to hear quickly.  Can you confirm what version of Hortonworks HDP you are running?

Teradata Employee

Hortonworks HDP 1.2.0.1.3.0.0-107

Thanks for the follow up.

Teradata Employee

@VVenkat, The supported versions of HDP are: HDP 1.1.0.17 and HDP 1.0.0.12. Can you install one of these supported versions?

Teradata Employee

I am using the latest sandbox from HW I was not able to find the older version that has the required HDP I will continue look.. however would appreciate any alternatives/suggestions.

Thanks

Teradata Employee

There is a mapper output log that might show information on what is going on. The log file is located in slave node: <hadoop_install_dir>/logs/userlogs/job_201306180704_0003/.

Teradata Employee

Above issue is resolved.

Folowing updates to the /etc/hadoop/conf/mapred-site.xml fixed the issue

replaced the values of _HOST@EXAMPLE.COM with sandbox:50300

I was able to export / Import to and from Hadoop to Teradata after this which is very cool!. Thanks  much for the detailed steps and support

Venkat

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have HDP 1.1.1.16 version. Which teradata-hadoop connector can i use?

Teradata Employee

@nancyjean, The supported versions of HDP are: HDP 1.1.0.17 and HDP 1.0.0.12. Can you install one of these supported versions?

Enthusiast

Hi,

I have installed the teradata studio and connected to a teradata database with my credentials. I do not see any tables in the Data Source Explorer on the left. So I'm not able to proceed further in selecting the table and do export to hadoop. What kind of permissions does my ID need to view the tables in the explorer? I'm able to run the SQL queries on the tables of the database and view the results on the Result set view. But I dont see any tables in the explorer.

Teradata Employee

@sguthi0910, Can you locate the Teradata database in the Data Source Explorer for your connection profile, that contains the table? Set focus (select) the Teradata View tab then select your Teradata Database in the Data Source Explorer. Do you see the list of tables in the Teradata View tab? Can you double click on your table, in the Teradata View tab, and does it show the details for the table?