Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 14.01 now available

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 14.01 now available

Hi Tuen, I have the same problem as yours. Have you had the issue resolved?
Enthusiast

Yes, the version of eclipse provided by our internal software group is not the same version as required by Teradata. I had to go download version above.

Hi fgrimmer,

Does TeraData support spring batch job transactions?

sjadhav

Teradata Employee

Taken from John's response: "The Teradata Java Wizards for the Teradata IDE Plug-in for Eclipse does not support batch insert for MyBatis and Spring. You can do this with Teradata but there are no code generation tools for this type of application."

Not applicable

I'm sorry but I have the same problem as Ravi34 posted on 08/12 but I can't erase the workspace, should I delete the complete folder?

Thanks

Teradata Employee

Not sure what this is in reference to, but the workspace is a folder. Yes, try to delete the workspace folder.

Even though i was receiving eclipse errors when i try to launch TD studio express, it appears that out-of-the-box of this tool install is leaving a windows folder in protected mode. I've changed the following folder...

C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\15.00\Teradata Studio Express nt-x8664

to have full permission and was able to launch teradata studion without problems.

Teradata Employee

Alex, Do you recall what the eclipse errors were? I am wondering if something went wrong, and things were left in bad state.

Pasting the main errors...let me know if you need the log file in its entirety...

!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.core.resources (84).

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\15.00\Teradata Studio Express nt-x8664\workspace\.metadata.  By default the platform writes its content

under the current working directory when the platform is launched.  Use the -data parameter to

specify a different content area for the platform.

Teradata Employee

Alex, Did you try launching Studio Express from the install directory or from the desktop shortcut? When launching Studio Express, it will try to create a workspace directory. If you launch from the install location, i.e. double clicking the TeradataStudioExpress.exe, it tries to create the workspace at that location. If you launch from the shortcut, it will create the workspace under your <USER> directory. Typically for Windows 7, for example, it is C:\Users\<your login user>\workspace. This is what you want to do. If you must launch from the install location, use the -data option to specify a location for the workspace.