Teradata Studio 14.02 now available

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.

Re: Teradata Studio 14.02 now available

my name is satish kumar ..now iam learning TD.

i have experiance on ETL(informatica)..our organization using TD. 

so i need some basic's and Utiliti   sample script's....Plz help me...

my email: satish7467@gmail.com

Teradata Employee

@satish7467, You should be able to find articles on Teradata Developer Exchange to help you learn more about Teradata.

Enthusiast

@Francine: 14.00.03.03 at the moment

Teradata Employee

@Duri83, Issue no1 is a database issue regarding the DBQLogTbl. Issue no2, as you mention, if the password contains special characters, you will need to enclose it in double quotes. We will look at automatically enclosing in double quotes in future release.

Enthusiast

@Francine: many thanks for your answer. GLHF

Enthusiast

Hi, Can u please explain how i  can connect to hadoop using this teradata studio?

Teradata Employee

@nancyjean, Refer to the article, http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/smart-loader-for-hadoop. If you are transfering tables between Teradata and Hadoop, make sure the Teradata Connector for Hadoop is installed on the Hadoop system.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi fgrimmer,

Very good article really helps me lot.

My question: I have installed the Teradata Studio 14.0 version for our Data Lab users and users are not able to view there Labs in the Teradata Data Lab Window even though they are assigned to the Data lab group.

Is there any other settings required in viewpoint or Studio?

Appreciate your response.

Teradata Employee

@Sunnyguy4Tera, The Data Lab is configured via Viewpoint. In Teradata Studio, you will need to create a connection profile to the system that contains the Data Lab, using the Connection Profile Wizard. Refer to the Teradata Studio article (http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/teradata-studio). There is a section describing how to create a connection profile. Once you have a connection profile and connect to the system with the Data Lab, it should show up in the Select Profile list of the Data Lab View. If the Data Lab is still not showing up, then I would look at the permissions set for the Data Lab.

Enthusiast

@fgrimmer Great..! Thank you.