Teradata Studio 15.10 now available

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.

Re: Teradata Studio 15.10 now available

Experienced DBA but new to Teradata... trying to evaluate so I downloaded the TD supplied preloaded VM - a SUSE Linux system that includes Teradata Studio - but Express only which from what I can tell does not allow you to create anything. Downloaded the full version Teradata Studio onto the VM and installed it fine but same error as indicated previously in this thread; when launched the splash screen appears but nothing happens. Any help appreciated.

Teradata Employee

Aaron, Does it eventually come up? I have seen an issue where it pauses for about 30 seconds. Can you install Studio outside the VM and access your Teradata system inside the VM? You will need the IP address of the VM.

I recently downloaded Studio Express 15.11 and can't finish install. There is conflicting info on the download page regarding which JRE is required, but it sounds like it really requires 7.  If I can't upgrade due to conflicts with other applications, is there a way to get an older copy of the Studio Express download?  I need something that is compatible with JRE 6.

Teradata Employee

Edward, Yes, it requires JRE 1.7 or 1.8. You can download the Studio Express 15.10.01.01 release from the Teradata Patch Server TSS.

Highlighted

Thanks fgrimmer.