Teradata Studio Express 14.10 now available

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Express 14.10 now available

@gd186007, Teradata Studio is a standalone client application or Eclipse RCP. We also provide an Eclipse Plugin called Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse, also available on the DevX download site. The Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse supports Java development with wizards to help create Java SP and Web Services.

Teradata Employee

@fgrimmer,thanks very much ,i've undstand the feature of teradata studio 。i've received some demand from some custs:

a、sub_org only query data of sub_org own; sub_org have their data analyst and etl conslutant。and sub_org a coundn't query sub_org b'datas;

b、as dba of edw,we need monitor resource usage of sql query,and need know who submit 、 query  sql content、how much time etc; if database is teradata ,we could us Dbql STAT information。

c、uda architecture,we need query aster ,teradata,hive , terdata studio is goog tool for quey any database,and save sql history 。so cust need a tool can stat infomation of using data and database resource useage 。 such as www.//mywebsql.net.

thanks very much

Teradata Employee

@gd186007, Have you looked into Viewpoint to provide monitoring and stats information. Viewpoint is also working to support Aster and Hadoop.

Teradata Employee

thanks very much ,I know viewpoint have query feature。but loss some manger feature. i never using the viewpoint query as this 。

Enthusiast

Hi,

I need to display security message when any user starts SQLA. Any idea?

Teradata Employee

@Ekladios, Is this question for SQLA or Studio Express?

Enthusiast

It is for SQLA.

I think that there is a text file to enter the message to display once you invoke SQLA icon or logon. 

I tried to create startup string at user profile but it will only work with bteq!!

Thanks,

Adel

Teradata Employee

@Ekladios, Please post your question to SQL Assistant article for help, such as , http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/whats-new-in-teradata-sql-assistant-14-10. thanks.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

I am trying to install TeradataStudio__win32_x86.14.10.01.00 on my 32 bit XP laptop but I am getting error right after I select location "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\"  in Select Java Runtime Environment to Use With Teradata Studio text box. I have Java Version 7 Update 45 (build 1.7.0_45-b18) on my laptop. Error -->

The wizard was interrupted before Teradata Studio could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modofed. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Click Finish to exit the wizard

<--

Thanks,