Teradata Studio Express

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Express

I have been using Teradata Studio Express successfully until yesterday when upgraded Java. Now i get the following error when i start Teradata Studio Express "Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.7.0_04\bin\..\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll". How do i point to the new jvm.dll file location?
Teradata Employee

Are you running Teradata Studio Express or Teradata Studio? Teradata Studio Express is geared for running SQL and managing the results where Teradata Studio includes administration features such as dialogs for creating database objects. Teradata Studio Express does not include the administration features. The download link for Teradata Studio is: http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-studio

What is the JDBC error you are getting when trying to connect?
Enthusiast

Trying to use The Fastload option.... I run it however it loads no rows... I realize there is a data problem... I can load a few rows and its fine... My question is why no error msg's and
why do you drop the error tables if there are error's ???
Enthusiast

Yes thats what Error Tables do.

Francine,
It looks as thou the Tool drops the error tables... I know there is a problem with 3 rows
by reviewing the Tool logs and DBQL however without error tables how do I identify them ?
Enthusiast

I found where the error messages go..... hidden in the Teradata SQL History tab...
Teradata Employee

@WOJO, FastLoad uses the JDBC FastLoad option. It is JDBC that is managing the Error tables. As you mention, the results of executing FastLoad are displayed in the Teradata SQL History view. Any exception or error messages from JDBC are provided in the Note column of the SQL History.
Teradata Employee

@maheshteradata Since you've specified "/opt/teradata/teradatastudio" as the installation location, the executable is in the directory "/opt/teradata/teradatastudio/TeradataStudio". The executable's name is "TeradataStudio". Thus, to run the application you can do one of the following:

* Set your path to include "/opt/teradata/teradatastudio/TeradataStudio" and then run the program "TeradataStudio"
* Specify the full path name "/opt/teradata/teradatastudio/TeradataStudio/TeradataStudio" as the program to run
* Create a launcher on your desktop that specifies the program and double-click on that icon.

To create a launcher on your desktop you can:
* Right click on the desktop and select "Create Launcher..."
* In the Create Launcher dialog give it a name like "Teradata Studio"
* Click on the "Browse..." button and browse to the directory "/opt/teradata/teradatastudio/TeradataStudio" (starting with the "File System" under the Places
* Select the "TeradataStudio" in the Name list and press the "Open" button.
* Press the "OK" button in the Create Launcher dialog

There should now be a launcher on your desktop. Double clicking on it should run the application.

You can change the launcher's icon by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Properties". In the properties dialog, press the "Select Custom Icon..." button and browse to the application's installation directory and select the "icon.xpm" file.

The steps I've given were done with Teradata Express 13.10. I assume they are the same with Teradata Express 14.0. I wanted to get you a reply and haven't had the time to install 14.0 in my VMWare.
Teradata Employee

@maheshteradata Teradata Studio requres Java 1.6 to run. That is the version of Java that is included in the Linux Teradata Express 14.0 I installed. It appears to be the same version that you are using. I installed Teradata Studio into the location that you have specified on that installation of Teradata Express and it works as expected.

Have you installed a different version of Java? Could you run the command "java -version" and post the results of that command?

As I said, Teradata Studio requires Java 1.6 but it does not include it in its package (if that is what you were asking whether it was built with the JRE).
Teradata Employee

Teradata Studio does not support Java 1.7 at this time. To install Teradata Studio on Linux, please refer to the Readme notes on the download page at http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-studio
Enthusiast

Hi,
I'm getting error while creating a connection profile. machine configuration, windows 7, Java 1.7, I suspect some error with the driver but not able to resolve it. could you please help?
following is the error :-
com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.00.00.20] [Error 1000] [SQLState 08S01] Login failure for Connection to testServer Wed Jul 11 08:52:13 IST 2012 socket orig=testServer cid=11415e6 sess=0 java.net.UnknownHostException: testServer at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source) at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source) at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF$Lookup.(TDNetworkIOIF.java:149) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.connectToHost(TDNetworkIOIF.java:233) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.(TDNetworkIOIF.java:87) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.getIO(TDSession.java:582) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericStateController.(GenericStateController.java:41) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.(GenericLogonController.java:40) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.(TDSession.java:200) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.(TeraLocalConnection.java:99) at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:54) at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:218) at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:151) at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataJDBCConnection.createConnection(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:104) at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:53) at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.open(JDBCConnection.java:72) at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataJDBCConnectionFactory.createConnection(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83) at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:355) at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ManagedConnection.createConnection(ManagedConnection.java:166) at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.CreateConnectionJob.run(CreateConnectionJob.java:56) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)